|About the RCBA
Looking Out for Lawyers in Richland County
The Richland County Bar works to enhance the overall experience of practicing law in Richland County through its numerous social events, professional networking opportunities, community outreach programs, and more.
An Emphasis on Service
The legal profession is, first and foremost, a service profession. Through its members, active Executive Committee, and many advisory committees, the Richland County Bar Association seeks to meet the challenge of providing service to clients, the community, and the Bar. As an association, we continuously strive to adhere to the purposes of the Bar that have been set forth in the by-laws.
The purposes of the Association shall be to promote the common business and professional interests of lawyers practicing or residing in Richland County in the State of South Carolina and to promote and achieve the following objectives and purposes:
- To uphold and defend the Constitutions of the United States and of the State of South Carolina;
- To advance the science of jurisprudence;
- To facilitate the administration of justice;
- To preserve the high standards of integrity and honor in the legal profession;
- To apply its knowledge and experience in the field of law to the promotion of the public good;
- To establish a closer relationship and cooperation with the South Carolina Bar and through it with the American Bar Association;
- To encourage cordial intercourse among its members;
- To coordinate the efforts of the Bar with those of the judiciary for the purpose of facilitating matters of common interest; and
- To promote such activities as are within these objectives and purposes in the interest of the legal profession and of the public good.